Rolling Stones Kick off their 50th Golden Jubilee Celebration on July 12, 2012
July 12, 2012 is 50 years to the day from their very first gig as the Rolling Stones.
This would be the time to expect any announcement about the rest of their plans for the 50th golden Jubilee celebrations, any concerts or a Rolling Stones Tour 2013, or if there will be an official farewell or final performance. Anything else you hear or think you know is just speculation. The back office has confirmed nothing, anything you heard Charlie Watts or Ronnie Wood or even Keith Richards said in the press release or interview was their own personal speculation.
Everyone seems to agree, whether they know what they are talking about or not on the following concerting the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary schedule:
- They did get together in Brooklyn in May and jammed for about a week, some of which will be included in a 50th anniversary documentary to be released in the fall of 2012.
- That was the first time they played together since the Bigger Bang Tour of 2005 and concert at O2 in 2007.
- This is the longest they have ever gone without touring or playing a concert or two.
- If this is going to be the final hurrah for the Stones, the final concert could well be at the Glastonbury Festival 2013, again this is just what the tabloids and bloggers say!
- If they do put together a tour, it will not be a long drawn out thing like Bigger Bang and most of their previous tours have been. It could be they pick a certain number of cities and possibly even do several concerts in one city. Or they might do several concerts, see how it goes and add more. Who knows, anything about a Rolling Stones 2013 concert is just speculation.